Easter Egger club!

Originally Posted by Craftygirl

I bought my first EE the other day. The bin said pullets. This one was the only one like it in the bin. I just had to have her! She is so sweet too and since I only bought one I allowed her to sit in my lap for the drive home. She joins the brooder of 3 at 3 weeks old (a cuckoo maran and 2 BA's) and one SLW a few days older. She fit right in with the others and she's thriving. She's already been outside 2 warm days and loves to Peck around.

Now I read the post above about the light ones being roos.. Yikes! I hope not. That would crush me. I can't have one in town. I'll fall in love and have to rehome!
hmm.png

I see she has a little tail. I have been told that the girls get their tails before the boys do. I have 15 Ameraucanas that were a week old Monday. Nine had tails and 6 did not.
One was actually questionable, but I am sure that I will know in a couple of months. You may have a pullet after all.

if those two aren't just about the cutest things around!
x2

Here is one of my easter eggers...I have two but the other one was being camera shy.

Eventually this beautiful girl is going to go live at my sisters house with her small flock but until she's big enough she's mine. I asked my neice (she's 3) yesterday what she wanted to name her chicken. I suggested bunny since she is an easter egger and a lovely cream shade, my neice smiled, cocked her head to the side and said "ummm, I am naming her CHICKEN NUGGET!".

chicken Nugget ... that's cute... your pic's are so good. You should enter 1 in the chick contest
thumbsup.gif

I bought my first EE the other day. The bin said pullets. This one was the only one like it in the bin. I just had to have her! She is so sweet too and since I only bought one I allowed her to sit in my lap for the drive home. She joins the brooder of 3 at 3 weeks old (a cuckoo maran and 2 BA's) and one SLW a few days older. She fit right in with the others and she's thriving. She's already been outside 2 warm days and loves to Peck around.

Now I read the post above about the light ones being roos.. Yikes! I hope not. That would crush me. I can't have one in town. I'll fall in love and have to rehome!
hmm.png

Her she is. Not named yet as I don't have a clue what color she might grow up to be.
Anyone with a guess? And do all EEs get bearded? She doesn't have puffy cheeks. But she does have a pea comb.

verry cute hard to tell color this one was white ALL white, and she turned into this:

and not all lt colored chicks are Roo's :

the white one in the middle lays a xl blue/green egg.
So don't get upset yet, with EE's ya just never know.

My EEs are called Thora, Connie, And Betty. We did have Lily but she died whilst still young.
Haven't been on for a long while but I am looking forward to being more involved on this wonderful site!

:weee:weee:weeeI got me Six Easter Eggers And I love them they are 6 day old chicks here is a pic of them. I named One of my Chicks Dizzy/Dizzo in case. It will be a Roo

:DIMG]:yiipchick

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom