Easter Egger club!

Here are some updated pictures of my EEs, they are 18 weeks now and nobody is paying rent yet. :) I cant wait for the first eggs. Does anyone look like they are getting close to laying yet? Rooster- sill has some growing to do to fit into those awkward huge feet, you can almost see the blue/green sheen on the wing and tail feathers in this picture, beautiful in person. 2 of the girls posing, the one on the left has been checking out the nest boxes lately. The one in the middle, she is VERY shy! My other shy girl, very beautiful but runs from the camera every time!
Ooooooo they are all so pretty!!
1f60d.png

So I have an EE that first laid a light brown egg with some specks. Now she is laying blue eggs with specks. Anyone else have an EE that changed the color of her eggs?

I didn't think it was possible for a chicken to change the color of its eggs. I'll be curious to hear others responses.

So I have an EE that first laid a light brown egg with some specks. Now she is laying blue eggs with specks. Anyone else have an EE that changed the color of her eggs?

It is very rare . I have had 1 go from creamy white to blue . A few have lost color with age . Many will lay a lighter color later in the laying cycle .

Back
Top Bottom