Easter Egger club!

No snow, but we had 50 mile an hour winds for almost 3 straight days. I've never seen anything like it. We live in the woods and I didn't sleep because i was worried about a tree falling on the house (again). Power is finally back on today. The chicks spent three days going to work and then coming back home to stay warm in front of the wood stove. They seem pretty happy tonight to have their heat lamp back on full time. :) No losses, so everything is good!

That's good! Two days ago it was snowing here but didn't amount to much. Me seeing your picture of the chicks makes me want some! Boy do I hate having to wait until end of February to early March for my new chicks! Next spring I will have close to 60 chickens. I am expecting to get 30 chicks and I have 28 full grown hens and a roo right now so it will be crazy!

Quote: We are up to 45 now counting the chicks. Of course some of them will be culled since we can't keep anymore cockerels. Our coop is 180 SF, so technically it can hold 45 birds, but I think they are happier with 25 or less. I need to build another coop this winter. I also have some Cream Legbars I should sell just because I don't like them. Maybe I'll also sell some of last year's pullets in the spring. It is hard to decide who to rehome!!!

We are up to 45 now counting the chicks. Of course some of them will be culled since we can't keep anymore cockerels. Our coop is 180 SF, so technically it can hold 45 birds, but I think they are happier with 25 or less. I need to build another coop this winter. I also have some Cream Legbars I should sell just because I don't like them. Maybe I'll also sell some of last year's pullets in the spring. It is hard to decide who to rehome!!!
Awww, I love cream legbars!!

Yeah for you! I know how eggciting that is.
. Indeed! I am totally geeking out! My friends think I've lost my dang mind. I had no idea how rewarding raising chickens could be. My little Nuggy blessed me with a beautiful medium sized pink egg. Love that girl!

I know what you mean, I try not to talk about chickens TOO much. :)
I do enjoy them everyday and worry about them, esp. when it's cold like today.

I know what you mean, I try not to talk about chickens TOO much.
smile.png

I do enjoy them everyday and worry about them, esp. when it's cold like today.
LOL!! I try to talk about my chickens TOOO much!!!

Back
Top Bottom