Easter Egger club!

Finally! I have 3 EE's one started laying at 17 weeks big hard white eggs. Yes I was bummed. Great eggs and one 6/7 days a week. I'm over it now lol. So besides my other mixed flock of 12 I have 2 EE's left both squatting. Today to my surprise
I went to check count in eggs and found this gem. It's almost a green and a blue more turquoise. I'm hoping my last squatter will give me a opposite color then bubbles. Luck of the draw with those girls. What color does it look like to you guys?

Last edited:
Finally! I have 3 EE's one started laying at 17 weeks big hard white eggs. Yes I was bummed. Great eggs and one 6/7 days a week. I'm over it now lol. So besides my other mixed flock of 12 I have 2 EE's left both squatting. Today to my surprise I went to check count in eggs and found this gem. It's almost a green and a blue more turquoise. I'm hoping my last squatter will give me a opposite color then bubbles. Luck of the draw with those girls. What color does it look like to you guys?

It looks blue to me. I have a squatter too and she is my last one from February's hatch to lay an egg. Hopefully soon since I saw my EE roo mate with her today.

k so I was wondering what would happen if I bred this color rooster.....

to these hens....

COULD I GET A NON SILVER ROOSTER BUT A GOLD ROO.
LIKE.
th

this pic is from google.

I'm new to this and my husband and I were adamant that at least one of our chickens HAD to be an easter egger. So far, she's my favorite (don't tell the other girls). We got them as pullets, so they aren't as friendly as hand raised chicks. But I've had to treat some pecking issues on her, so I've held her the most. Now she sits quietly in my lap and doesn't run away when I go to pet her on the roost. They are all too young to lay, but I can't wait for some colored eggs!

I'm new to this and my husband and I were adamant that at least one of our chickens HAD to be an easter egger. So far, she's my favorite (don't tell the other girls). We got them as pullets, so they aren't as friendly as hand raised chicks. But I've had to treat some pecking issues on her, so I've held her the most. Now she sits quietly in my lap and doesn't run away when I go to pet her on the roost. They are all too young to lay, but I can't wait for some colored eggs!

welcome-byc.gif

So, I hope this gives you something to look forward to!

I posted some of these elsewhere but I guess its about time to join the club. They're 23 weeks old. I ordered them as day old chicks from a hatchery. I haven't given them names. I'm not sure I'm going to.

I took these pics this morning.

I finally found which girl has been giving me presents. She's the first of my flock to lay. This is her 8th egg in 10 days.

Morning snack. I actually got 5 of my 6 EEs in one pic. Of course its all butts...

My most friendly girl. She has a way of photo bombing most my pics.

Back
Top Bottom