Easter Egger club!

III just thought I'd tease you all, this is my mixed EE X Silkie blend parentals I'm getting ready to hatch

Ohhhh this is interesting... What will the outcome be?? I'm very curious sine these are two of the three breeds I own, keep us posted, I can't wait to see!! :drool

Here are a few of mine:

^ This is Dottimae, hatched in June.

^ Confection, hatched in May. 3/8 Wheaten Maran, 5/8 Amara.

Sorry this picture isn't very good. This is Dazzle (in back.) and Duffy. they are full sisters of Dottimae.
you can see the huge color variation in them.

^ Another shot of confection.

^ Dottimae and her mother, Clarinda (left), a hatchery Easter Egger.

^ Samantha, Grandmother of all the above pullets. She is not related to Clarinda.

^ Dazzle (front) and Dottimae.

^ Compassion, full sister of Confection, and half sister of Dot, Dazzle, and Duffy.

^ Delight, Also Hatched in June. she is full sister to Dot, Dazzle and Duffy.
She is a little smaller then I would like, but I do love her color!

Here are a few of mine: ^ This is Dottimae, hatched in June. ^ Confection, hatched in May. 3/8 Wheaten Maran, 5/8 Amara. Sorry this picture isn't very good. This is Dazzle (in back.) and Duffy. they are full sisters of Dottimae. you can see the huge color variation in them. ^ Another shot of confection. ^ Dottimae and her mother, Clarinda (left), a hatchery Easter Egger. ^ Samantha, Grandmother of all the above pullets. She is not related to Clarinda. ^ Dazzle (front) and Dottimae. ^ Compassion, full sister of Confection, and half sister of Dot, Dazzle, and Duffy. ^ Delight, Also Hatched in June. she is full sister to Dot, Dazzle and Duffy. She is a little smaller then I would like, but I do love her color!
More pretty girls. Fun to see them all and their relationships to each other.

Has anyone had a EE lay two eggs in one day? She is a new layer. I have a rock , on her first day of laying I got her first egg in the morning. At night I went to check on all the girls and moved her and a rubber egg bounced out. Then she laid again in the morning. So 3 eggs in less then 32 hrs. The problem is I'm waiting on another EE. Today I got two blue/ green eggs. They look exactly the same to me. So I'm wondering if it could just be fluffy laying two since she's a newbie
the top egg I watched her lay this morning or Hurd her
1f61c.png
. The bottom egg was in another area and not in nesting box. However close.
P.S so excited a majority of girls are laying makes for a pretty picture
Well I got 3 blue eggs yesterday from two blue layers . So I answered my question. Even though my rock did it I was a bit confused due to the 2 Nd layer just starting. Would explain the two eggs in one day. Yeah for us more pretty eggs!

Beautiful eggs!! ^ LOVE the color! Question: how come you have them point up?

GOOD EYE!!

I never caught that.. I know why I did in my picture.

I use my grandkids water color pens to mark the date they were hatched on the fat end. I figure if water colors are safe for kids to suck on they should not hurt the eggs.

When I took my picture it was for craigslist to sell them so I turned the eggs upside down so I could use the picture forever on craigslist.

Now the question is why did mymilliefleur have hers upside down!>!!!

Back
Top Bottom