Easter Egger club!

cross beak is from a deficiency in the feed...i have a hen out there laying and she has given me two late hatch crooked beak birds....yours doesnt seem to be that bad...and as far as crooked toes...you can use vet rx band aid and straighten the toes and place the sticky side on the bottom and the sticky side on the top...just be careful this stuff is not easy to get off....if you caught it in time you should be able to fix it...but sounds like it might be a little to late for the fixing part...normally within the first 24 hours you do this before the bones really start to set in and grow....
here is a link
https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-podiatry
Thank you so it shouldn't be a genetic thing, right?

I need some help!
Out of the 20 babys I bought from the auction one has a messed up foot, and one has a cross-beak.
IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN FIX THEM?

Cross-beak

Messed up foot.
The cross beak is not too bad, it will probably survive and live a normal life. The messed up foot can be fixed, one of my leghorns had both feet messed up (my fault) but I didn't notice until she was a lot older so i could not treat her. she has a normal life, no trouble walking or perching.

Thank you so it shouldn't be a genetic thing, right?
nope...might be alittle harder for them to eat and drink so you will see them in the food/water area alot more then the others...and they will be the runt of the pack....i had quazi....and then willy....both were born with one eye and a very severe crooked beak...
this is willy and you can see the size difference...and they are the loudest

and here is quazi...and you can also see the size difference...as well as the crooked beak...

both of these birds would not have made it out of the shell without help...and they were also the last to come out of the shell...i will look for another website i found that was very good....but im super busy right now so i cant look for it...

nope...might be alittle harder for them to eat and drink so you will see them in the food/water area alot more then the others...and they will be the runt of the pack....i had quazi....and then willy....both were born with one eye and a very severe crooked beak... this is willy and you can see the size difference...and they are the loudest and here is quazi...and you can also see the size difference...as well as the crooked beak... both of these birds would not have made it out of the shell without help...and they were also the last to come out of the shell...i will look for another website i found that was very good....but im super busy right now so i cant look for it...
That's fine, thanks.

The cross beak is not too bad, it will probably survive and live a normal life. The messed up foot can be fixed, one of my leghorns had both feet messed up (my fault) but I didn't notice until she was a lot older so i could not treat her. she has a normal life, no trouble walking or perching. 
Thankyou to!

Back
Top Bottom