Easter Egger club!

Hi all, first of all this thread is awesome! I love all of the pictures! I'm here to contribute a few. My b&w chick is about 12 weeks old, and I've been told its a he but she is much smaller than my younger roo, no brown or red on the wings (I've red that some b&w ee roos have red on the body alot). She has the muffs, and is rumpless so far and her comb is the same size as my RIR hens. I've looked under her feathers and there is a little puff where the tail should be. She is a character for sure, she loves the pool because she gets hot easily. I'm going to hold on to her/him until I hear a crow atleast. My Ameraucana roo that I'm pretty sure is an EE (got him for free from our local feed store) is about 9-10 weeks old. bigger than my b&w (Ninja). The two of them together Ninja is the cute little black chick! Water Lovin' chicken! Roger and Ninja! Pretty boy Roger :)
The black and white one has no tail feathers. Has he lost them or is he just part Araucana.

Thanks Jharper, we bought her/ him from a hatcheries that was selling her as Ameraucana. I think s/he is an EE with Araucana in its background.

It may have an Araucana daddy? Those are hard to come by these days. Because of our precious Easter eggers. LOL!

Last edited:
well our city is very very chicken friendly but has a no rooster ordinance.. BUT our neighbors have a few so hopefully it will be okay. I will only have 3 hens (RIRs) for now and hopefully a BO, Ameraucana, or Cochin soon.. do you think 2 roos with 4-5 hens will be okay? when they are of age they will stay outside of the pen at night. Thanks for your help!
big_smile.png

well our city is very very chicken friendly but has a no rooster ordinance.. BUT our neighbors have a few so hopefully it will be okay. I will only have 3 hens (RIRs) for now and hopefully a BO, Ameraucana, or Cochin soon.. do you think 2 roos with 4-5 hens will be okay? when they are of age they will stay outside of the pen at night. Thanks for your help!
big_smile.png
Hopefully. Your welcome.

Back
Top Bottom