Easter Egger club!

People have always told me if it has red on the wings it's a rooster. Obviously that isn't true in all cases.
That is what I thought, too! LOL

All of my chicks were half Faverolles. They hatched yellow, but all they boys turned black by four weeks while the girls were "salmon" or buff/red. My little pullet definitely got the color from the Faverolles genetics although her momma was an easter egger. With her red comb and red patches on her wings we were sure she was a cockerel. I'm 99.9% sure now that she's a pullet (won't say 100% until I get an egg!).

That is what I thought, too!  LOL

All of my chicks were half Faverolles.  They hatched yellow, but all they boys turned black by four weeks while the girls were "salmon" or buff/red.  My little pullet definitely got the color from the Faverolles genetics although her momma was an easter egger. With her red comb and red patches on her wings we were sure she was a cockerel.  I'm 99.9% sure now that she's a pullet (won't say 100% until I get an egg!).  

Awww I wanna see pics!!:pop

This is so scary....

This is our Bunny, over a year ago. This is her a couple of weeks ago.

I find it amazing how one year they are one color and after they go through a molt they are a different color! I have a white with gold EE like you have. She isn't a year old yet so she hasn't gone through a molt, but I am curious to see what she will look like next year.

I find it amazing how one year they are one color and after they go through a molt they are a different color! I have a white with gold EE like you have. She isn't a year old yet so she hasn't gone through a molt, but I am curious to see what she will look like next year.
As crazy as that sounds.... Bunny hasn't gone through a molt yet!!!

I wonder if white and gold EE's are similar to Buff chickens? don't they fade out a little too?My Buff Orpington's seem to fade out in the sun they are duller in the hot months but they get a little color back in the Fall!

Here are some of this year's chicks.

Daddy

There are more but they won't hold still for pics.

Back
Top Bottom