Easter Egger club!

I have a probably a silly question- is there any correlation to the color the Easter egger chicken is, to the color egg they lay? Or is it random. I.e., do the golden ones tend to lay one color while the blueish grey ones lay another? New chicken keeper here- can you tell!

I have a probably a silly question- is there any correlation to the color the Easter egger chicken is, to the color egg they lay? Or is it random. I.e., do the golden ones tend to lay one color while the blueish grey ones lay another? New chicken keeper here- can you tell!

^^X2- no correlation.

Mine are all over the place. I have a black and silver EE who lays double yolked blue eggs five days a week. And my peach colored EE lays a blueish green, while the twin to yours lays peach colored. I have 9 EEs and the majority do lay some shade of blue or green.

Last edited:
Yea, cackle has them, & they charge a pretty penny for them. I got 2 and paid 13 a piece for them, for straight run! I just couldn't help it though,lol. Then again, that may be a fair price for them, I'm new to all this, so I don't know much about the pricing.
1f60f.png

Oh cool! They do have some pretty rare breeds. $13 a piece is a pretty fair price from what I've seen. A breeder would have been quite a bit more than that :lol:

No correlation at all.

X2

Holy cow :th
Ime, the EEs double yolkers have reeeally tiny yolks. I remember Tiger's first egg was a double yolker. The yolks wernt even bigger than a quarter!

Holy cow :th
Ime, the EEs double yolkers have reeeally tiny yolks. I remember Tiger's first egg was a double yolker. The yolks wernt even bigger than a quarter!

So funny!!! Not this girl. Hers are two giant eggs shoved into one shell
1f629.png
I've had to treat her for egg binding twice but both times she's made a full recovery and been on her merry egg laying way.

So funny!!! Not this girl. Hers are two giant eggs shoved into one shell
1f629.png
I've had to treat her for egg binding twice but both times she's made a full recovery and been on her merry egg laying way.

WOW :th sounds like my Batgirl. She's a BSL, but that chicken's average egg weight was like 80+ grams, and she somehow only got egg found once, AND she passed it on her own :th :th
That's a good that she's still going 0_0 all my EEs lay pretty small eggs :lol:

WOW :th sounds like my Batgirl. She's a BSL, but that chicken's average egg weight was like 80+ grams, and she somehow only got egg found once, AND she passed it on her own :th :th
That's a good that she's still going 0_0 all my EEs lay pretty small eggs :lol:

Holy smokes that's a big egg!!!! I have 9 BSL and they just started laying so their eggs are still pretty small. Hopefully none of them turn out to be giant egg layers like your Tiger! Poor burds
1f62c.png
1f62b.png

Holy smokes that's a big egg!!!! I have 9 BSL and they just started laying so their eggs are still pretty small. Hopefully none of them turn out to be giant egg layers like your Tiger! Poor burds
1f62c.png
1f62b.png

ALL my BSLs lay big eggs. Batgirl doesn't lay nearly as big anymore, in fact we're lucky to even get an egg from her these days, but she's earned her keep a long time ago :lol:
The other girl's eggs weren't as big as Batson's, but they were still up around 65-70 on a regular basis :) I LOOOVE them so much. They've got cool personalities :)

BUT, enough talk of sexlinks on the EE clucb thread :p

Back
Top Bottom