Easter Egger club!

Got those too. To get an EE, you start with An Americauna mix with another breed. Then, once you have them..you breed EE to EE. Or, they keep breeding the true to another.
You do understand that this is not what hatcheries do, right? If you breed an Ameraucana to a breed that doesn't have the blue shell gene, the offspring will all have a single copy of the blue shell gene. That's fine in the first generation as it only takes one copy to express but then you have a lot of second generation chicks that miss out on the blue shell gene.

I don't understand why you'd want to make additional work for yourself? Why not start with a bunch of hatchery EEs and select for desired traits instead?

What? It's ok debid...we try our best..not..to debate here on BYC. Been on here for many a year, haven't had to worry about debating. :hugs I'm ok knowing what I know. I do know what you are talking about.. Iike I said, I hatched. I trusted the folks I bought eggs from saying I was buying EE'S. This thread isn't about that anyway.... everyone...share your beautiful photos of your birds and eggs. I would love to see them.

What? It's ok debid...we try our best..not..to debate here on BYC. Been on here for many a year, haven't had to worry about debating. :hugs I'm ok knowing what I know. I do know what you are talking about.. Iike I said, I hatched. I trusted the folks I bought eggs from saying I was buying EE'S. This thread isn't about that anyway.... everyone...share your beautiful photos of your birds and eggs. I would love to see them.
Debate? What debate? I asked questions I'd genuinely like to know the answer to but I guess I asked the wrong person because you seem upset by my curiosity.

Another one of my girls.
20181004_143759.jpg

Back
Top Bottom