Easter Egger Confusion...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 19marvinn, Nov 26, 2016.

1. 19marvinn

19marvinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2015
    I just ordered an Easter egger and a snowy Easter egger from MPC. When I google Easter egger images, a bunch of different colored hens come up. I have no clue what color I'm getting. If y'all could fill me in on the story behind the many diffenent colors and pictures and names that'd be wonderful! Thanks. Molly

2. EasterEggers25

EasterEggers25 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2016
    Easter eggers come in a variety of different colors. I have them and they are wonderful I hope you enjoy them.

3. newhenintown

newhenintown Out Of The Brooder

Nov 22, 2016
    Hayden, Al
    I also have Easter eggers and theyre color can vary a lot. Many different varieties but that's what makes them great, oh and the fact that their egg colors vary just as much!

4. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Easter eggers are mutt chickens bred mostly for egg color, and a somewhat conformation, sometimes they don't always produce colored eggs anymore, and some also no longer have beards and muffs. They are always a surprise as far as coloration which can add to their appeal. There is no right color for them.

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    EE's are very popular. I think hatcheries are trying to make them sound more appealing if are calling some Snowy EE's - I'm guessing those are white ones.

6. FlyWheel

FlyWheel Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

All white Easter Eggers are Bee-You-Tea-Full, especially if they have well developed cheek tufts! Please post some pics when they arrive, If "snowy" does mean they'll become a white bird I may order from them next time. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by