Easter Egger contest!!

Pics

AraucanaAnnie

Songster
7 Years
Jun 3, 2012
Reading to my girls! :)
Their is no prize except bragging rights. I want to see all your beautiful ees!!!!!! This is only for ees, not ameraucanas or Araucanas, it doesn't matter what comb or leg color or anything like that!

The classes are:

Cock

Hen

Cockerel

Pullet

Mommy (or daddy) with baby

And finally...

Drumroll please...

Grand champion Easter Egger!!!!

The entry should be:

Picture:
Name:
Class:
Notes:

Have fun and be nice!!

Last edited:

Name: Reese (for reese's peanut butter cups mmmmm)
Class: Pullet
Notes: makes me crave chocolate.
lol.png

Oooo I'll enter! I'm surprised others haven't yet! Reese is beautiful!

Picture: EE Boy
Name: Finnick
Class: cockeral
Notes: All I can say is that he loves his ladies!!

Well I don't actually have chickens right now....but I did. We had a fantastic group of ten hens-all different breeds-whan we lived in HI. Sadly we weren't able to take them with us when we moved but they are alive and well, living with my Aunt in tropical paradise!

Name: Little Edie
Notes: Little Edie was our pretty grey/blue(?) bantam ee. A funny little chicken girl. She was small, but mighty and laid the sweetest little blue-green eggs.

Name: Sally
Notes: Sally was my baby girl and I thought she was the most beautiful chicken in the WORLD. She was our shadow, always wanting to see what we were up to and always wanting a cuddle. She had these gorgeous eggs-almost olive green with just the slightest tinge of blue.

It's been two years since we moved and I miss these girls, along with the other eight, everyday. I can't wait until we move to a place we can have chickens again!

Here's one of my my EE cockerels

His name is Stu as in Chicken Stew...Too many Cockerels so someone's gonna go (have 4 males, 10 females - decided only need/want one male) and he's one of the three that's going to Freezer Camp.

I like his floppy comb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He's grown up more and the comb is now red.

Camera shy

I need to get more photos of this cockerel. His hackle feathers have come in and they're "blond". This is going to be my keeper rooster. His comb is flat so he should handle the winter cold well and the blue egg laying gene should pass to offspring better than the floppy one above). This one's name is Hansel (I have fairy tale names for my girls).

CG
What's in blue has been added/edited.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom