Easter Egger contest!!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by AraucanaAnnie, Aug 23, 2012.

1. kathrynpa

kathrynpa In the Brooder

Jul 31, 2012
    Berks County , Pa
    My Coop
    we picked up some ameruacana's from a local breeder that is all she breeds, buffy is from her, and so are these guys so I quess i would like to know if these guys are true ameruacana's???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    buffy on top , and we have 3 of the black ones like the above

2. k9jms

k9jms In the Brooder

Apr 12, 2012
    Chickat,
    I have no idea what his color pattern is called. Thank you for your compliment on him :)

3. heath_elisha

heath_elisha Songster

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    This looks al ot like my young EE pullet that is now 9 weeks old. I hope she stays this color!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  4. cheeka

cheeka Shutter Bug

Jul 1, 2012
    Greeley, Colorado
    yes she does, but she really looks like a pullet i rehomed who turned out to be absolutely gorgeous:
    this isn't the greatest shot, bc she has a fabulous beard... but see the pattern...? very similar to yours... maybe you will get one with Blu's coloring and this ones' pattern!
    [​IMG]
    she's in an awesome home, so i'm not too jealous that she isn't mine anymore [​IMG]

5. heath_elisha

heath_elisha Songster

Oct 19, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Pretty too! Violet's pattern is very faint and we'll see if she looses it or not. She is very blue on her back end, but hard to see in in the picture. Don't want to take over this thread with my pictures!! LOL!

6. Everybody's EE's are amazing!![​IMG]This is going to be so hard! The end date is Oct.1, so keep posting!

7. ruby m w

ruby m w Chirping

Aug 18, 2012
    Uk Somerset
    Dont have any EEs but they are justlike my Araucanas

8. Nicole01

Nicole01 Crowing

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    Here is cheeks- Hen. Cheeks is on the skittish side. Although, she'll sit in my lap on her terms.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Sunshine- Hen. Sunshine absolutely loves my husband. She follows him around outside every chance she gets. She will fly up to his shoulders and head too. Sunshine is top hen. She was a bully for a while, but has calmed down considerably!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stormy- Pullet.. Her cheek feather just popped out, I don't have a photo yet. She's 4 months in this photo, her feather and body growth are severely stunted. She was shrink wrapped in her shell and in there 1-2 days too long, I took her out myself and she never pipped. She has very strong will to live!
    [​IMG]

We love our Easter Eggers! What a great breed to own.:)

Oh, I have true Ameraucana's too. They just hatched and are very cute!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  9. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Okay you twisted my arm, I'll post some pics of my EE's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Name: Oreo
    Catagory Rooster
    Notes: Oreo is a beautiful boy and he takes such good care of his ladies, here he is feeding them cherries.

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Name Farrah (as in Fawcett)
    Catagory Hen

Notes, she is beautiful even w/o her beard, my girls seem to pluck each other's beards, they don't pluck any other feathers. Farrah developed these gorgeous neck wings after her first molt, I have several that have some wings but hers are the prettiest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: