Easter Egger Contest!!

Do you have an Easter egger/

• Yes

Votes: 114 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 8.8%

• Total voters
I had another Easter egger named sweetie she was a beautiful bird but what I treasured more than her beauty was her friendship every morning she would jump onto my shoulder and just sit there even when I walked around a filled up the water. even as a chick if I put my hand in the brooder she would jump on it she was easily my favorite, but then in the night a hawk came an killed her:hit :D but the good news is I still got Athena ! name: Athena age: 2 breed: Easter egger
I want Athenas babies her coloring is great!

Have a question for all you knowledgable EE owners. I have a olive egger I bred, it took two generations. F1 was an orp roo over ameracauna hen, F2 roo from cross over silver Phoenix. I expected if I got an olive egger she would lay a light green egg but nope is kind of a darker egg exactly like my isbars. How would I get a Seafoam green Laying EE? I have a bunch of breeds to choose from. I have babies from a roo from the same cross over blue laying EE? But any other recommendations that have worked for any of you?

Best thing to do if you want a lighter green is cross it with a pure white layer hen, wether it be a polish or whatever. And it depends on the the individual birds themselves. I have twin sisters, one lays a pale powder baby blue and the other lays a bright rich teal egg.

Here is my EE rooster Fred

Ill buy eggs from anyone who has light green layers. Or any colored layer mixed with white layer. I don't have any white layers.

Last edited:
I am just getting to hatch some colored layers from my own flock of u don't need them now I can ship u some eggs when they start laying they will be americauna silver penciled rock barred rock and EE mix so I'm hoping to get some color in there eggs again and it should but well see

Back
Top Bottom