Easter Egger egg color has changed?

redhawkou812

Songster
10 Years
Apr 3, 2009
Joelton, TN
Hi all,
My one easter egger was laying green eggs last year. I was thinking that she had not laid an egg in probably 6 months, but have been finding one about every other day that is pinkish in color
idunno.gif
Has anyone every had easter eggers that changed the color of eggs that they were laying? I am wondering what is going on with her.
Thanks!

I had SLW's who were laying eggs that were almost pink in color... just a slight variation of the lt. brown. I would seriously doubt that your EE egg color would have changed that dramatically. Are you sure she isn't hiding her eggs somewhere?

Our EE's first egg was a light pink in color. Then she started laying green eggs and they have been green every since.

I have 2 EE hens that haven't started laying yet, but I thought that was normal for EE's to vary their egg color, is this not true? Normally if they start laying a certain color, do they usually always lay that same color?

Thanks for the replies all
smile.png
. I don't think she is hiding the eggs - they are in an enclosed yard and the coop attaches. I thought maybe they were getting eaten by the other chickens, but I am finding other eggs, so I can't imagine them just eating hers and not the others - lol. Guess I will wait and see what happens - she doesn't act like anything is wrong with her, but I am starting to be concerned as it has been a good 6 months since I have found a green egg.

Mine went four months without laying. Eventually she will lay that pretty green egg for you! If you dont believe us on whether or not her egg color changed you can put her in an seperate space away from other chickens and wait till she lays then see what color it is...

Our EE took time off this winter from mid Nov through Feb. Then after laying for a few days, a hawk swooped down in our backyard and gave the chickens a scare. Dini quit laying and it was another 1 1/2 months before she began laying again. Talk about a sensitive hen!

Back
Top Bottom