Easter Egger finally Layed!

Chef Pizghetti

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 17, 2012
Hi All,

I've only been keeping chickens since June and have 4 hens (EE, BO, Speckled Sussex and Red Star), most of which I bought as young birds, except for the Buff, who was given to me by the coop builder. My Red Star has been laying consistently since summer, and my BO has taken off for molting, but I have been anxiously waiting for the first eggs from the other 2. The breeder told me that the Sussex hatched on April 8th and the EE hatched on April 17th. With them both approaching 7+ months, I was beginning to wonder what was wrong.

Anyway, I got a call from my wife today that there were finally 2 eggs in the nest box, including one pale blue one! Now I suppose I'll just have to be patient and wait for the Sussex
smile.png
. BTW, does anyone have Speckled Sussex and are they usually late layers? What color can I expect their eggs to be? Similar in color to a BO?

Thanks!

great looking eggs :) Like you I have two hens that weren't laying but now today at 34wks my RIR laid her first egg, i'm hoping that the other will follow cue! LOL good luck

Of my two SS one started at about 21 weeks the other was more like 26 weeks. Late layers or early who knows for sure when they really will start. Mine lay a lighter brown then my Plymouth Rocks.

Back
Top Bottom