Easter Egger hen or rooster?

ncharriere

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 4, 2012
We have two EE chicks that are 4 weeks old. They are suppose to be hens but after reading about them, we wondered about the black and white one. Here is a picture of them. Any thoughts? Thanks

It is true that a lot of white and black EEs end up being male, but I'm not seeing uneven body color, or anything to indicate male so far. Keep an eye on it's coloration, and post pictures about two weeks from now. THat should be pretty definitive.

Thank you! : ) We are hoping she is a hen. We love the black and white pattern. We will post another pic in a couple weeks.

Your 2 look like 2 of my EE chicks they are almost 5 weeks now. Our Rose was a pretty reddish brown chick. But at an early age I could tell her wing size and shape was different than any of the other chicks. I told my husband oh no I think shes a roo. Then we said no she cant be. Then 2 weeks later all the other chicks have tons of feathers and long fast growing tail feathers and i looked at Rose and nope barely any feathers really short straight wings no tail to speak of boooooo. I looked at hubby again and said I think Rose is a roo. Then we said nah she cant be. So just when shes catching up on feather growth and shes finally getting a tail i notice whoa rose isnt red anymore she is getting all these white feathers speckled with black. I still thought nope shes a girl and she is gonna be a beaUtiful whitish EE. Theeeeeeen I came across this thread and now i find out most black and white EE are male I havent heard this before. NOOOOOOO. LOL. The ups and downs of thrying to figure out our chicks is crazy. We will see what Rose looks like next week Im sure she will surprise us. *Fingers crossed for an egg not a crow*

*YOUR EE'S ARE VERY BEAUTIFUL

Last edited:
It is crazy trying to figure out the chicks but so much fun. I would not have guessed my black EE would have so much white on her. They change so much when their feathers start coming in. Could you post pictures of your little EE's? Thanks

Sure I will put up some pics this morn I need to go out to take a few new ones first. They are the 3 in my profile pic but they were only about 2 1/2weeks there from left to right Stella, Rose, Ocean Blue

Back
Top Bottom