Easter Egger lays at what age?

Well, if I had to wait 9 months for the EE's to get on the ball, hopefully at least my 2 BR's will get with it sooner and start paying off their debt for all the food and care. ha ha!

My birds *are* acting a little funny today, although it may be because I forgot to turn off their light in the coop--oops. They were all outside somewhat cuddled up together and rolling around in the dirt(on their sides almost) and looked to be eating ants and when I came over close to them they didn't even get up, which usually they ALL get up and start looking at me funny. Also, there are several dugouts in the coop I've never seen before--nesting?

63816_nesting.jpg

OK...finally figured out the picture thing!

54691_101_0595.jpg

This is Hawker (white girl on the left) and Ginger (brown on the right). They both have the same comb development...so my daughter argues that Ginger actually layed the egg. I'm still defending Hawker as she's the one who I've seen sitting in the nest boxes trying them on for size
smile.png

54691_101_0603.jpg

The 1st twelver
big_smile.png

Can't wait to get home from work and find out what I've got today! This is better than an Easter Egg hunt in my opinion!
I'll add that one of the other EE's looks a LOT more immature than the other 3 (She's called T-Rex since she didn't have much of a tail and looked like she came out of the Jurassic period for a LONG time - all legs and a stumpy body.) She's definitely got a long ways to go before we see eggs from her - she's not too social either.

Last edited:
I have two EE hens and they both started laying around 21-22 weeks. Both green eggs although a little different shade. And like some others said... their little ole combs did get red a few weeks prior to laying. And one in particular started checking out the nest boxes a lot. The other didn't as far as I could tell and she was the one that laid first.

Back
Top Bottom