Easter Egger not laying

My easter eggers are the same age as yours (mid april) and 1 EE laid 2 1/2 weeks ago and the other, just started this week. I bet any time now you will get an egg. 1 of mine lays a light creamy color egg and the other a nice shade of green.
i just found her first egg she layed it yesterday ! it was slight grayish green

Don't fuss. Many hens born this year won't be fertile until Spring. She looks like she's a different breed from the others. Chickens are like humans. Some get their period before others. My earliest chick this year, born on 6th May, is not laying. I would give it time.

it's a possibility but i make sure to walk thru the whole yard every morning and during the day and haven't found one
This is a really good possibility. Some years ago a little hen of mine almost ended up in the stew pot since she never laid. I erroneously assumed there was no unsearched area in the run. Thankfully for her I decided to do some remodeling of the run and found a hidden slit leading under a shed she had hidden a good 50 eggs in!
I would never in a million years have thought she could squeeze through that tiny of a space to get under the shed.
Chickens and cats, both can become liquid if they really want to.

Back
Top Bottom