Easter Egger or Ameracauna?

EEs usually, but not always, have green legs, and come in any color. Ameraucans come in a very few specific colors only. If they are from a hatchery, see if that hatchery has any actual Ameraucanas, and what colors.
Mary

I had a feeling they were EEs because they look very similar to my other EEs, except for their light coloring, which is what made me think there was a chance they were Ameracaunas.
EE's come in every color/mixed color because they are mixed breed.

EEs usually, but not always, have green legs, and come in any color. Ameraucans come in a very few specific colors only. If they are from a hatchery, see if that hatchery has any actual Ameraucanas, and what colors.
Mary
They are rescues. And I have no idea where they actually came from. What breed they are isnt really important, i was just curious. And they aren't laying and I don't expect them to for a while. So I cant tell by egg color.

They are rescues. And I have no idea where they actually came from. What breed they are isnt really important, i was just curious. And they aren't laying and I don't expect them to for a while. So I cant tell by egg color.
I've heard that chickens who are stressed, won't lay. These girls are supposedly 2.5 yes old. Someone said they might be done laying. Isn't that a bit young to not lay anymore?

I rescued this bird and another one that is exactly like her but a bit more creamy colored where she is a very light gray. I was told they are Ameracaunas. Is this right or are they EE's? I have 3 other EEs and they look very similar but the colors are nothing alike.
She looks just like one of mine.
A1651DE7-186A-41F3-9CAC-59BC62CDC45A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom