Easter egger possible mix?

Diveks

Songster
6 Years
Jul 14, 2017
Indonesia
I was going to get some pure ameraucanas, but the seller gave me a pretty good deal on some ameraucana and ameraucana mixes (easter eggers).

He did not specify which are which, since he has a mixed flock. keep in mind these are not show quality ameraucanas, they were bred only for egg colour and size. Any guesses on if they are pure, and if they are mixed with something, what might that be? Would love to know what the possible egg colors are.

cockerel: (leg feathering??)
IMG_0756.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg
IMG_0755.jpeg

Pullet 1:
IMG_0738.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg
IMG_0746.jpeg

Pullet 2:
IMG_0734.jpeg
IMG_0723.jpeg

Pullet 3: (a lot of leg feathering)
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0741.jpeg

None of them are pure Ameraucanas. The closest is the first blue pullet, but she has yellowish legs indicating yellow skin, and pure Ameraucanas have white skin. Also seems to have a bit of red coloring on her forehead.

Pretty tough to say what they are mixed with, since Easter eggers are not a pure breed. But olive eggers often have feathered legs from the Marans parent, so that's a possibility.

They are nice looking chickens.

None of them are pure Ameraucanas. The closest is the first blue pullet, but she has yellowish legs indicating yellow skin, and pure Ameraucanas have white skin. Also seems to have a bit of red coloring on her forehead.

Pretty tough to say what they are mixed with, since Easter eggers are not a pure breed. But olive eggers often have feathered legs from the Marans parent, so that's a possibility.

They are nice looking chickens.
Thank you! I asked the seller and can confirm they are all mixed. Im really hoping for different coloured eggs :D.

Thank you! really hoping for an olive egger among them.

If your hoping for an olive egger, the feather footed one might be your best bet, because French Marans have feathered feet. And that chicken also has cheeks which indicates ameracauna! Good luck

If your hoping for an olive egger, the feather footed one might be your best bet, because French Marans have feathered feet. And that chicken also has cheeks which indicates ameracauna! Good luck
So they have started laying! Actually all of my pullets have decided to start laying at the same time (2 Barred rocks, 1 australorp, 3 isa browns, and the 3 easter eggers). Which has me confused on who is laying which. I would find anywhere from 3-7 eggs a day cream/pink, and blue/green im confused on whos laying what. Here are the blue/green eggs, they are two different hues when seen with the naked eye some more greenish while some are blueish. One of them has an odd shape.

IMG_1316.jpeg
IMG_1318.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom