Easter Egger Roo (for sure) and Pullet?? Please!

Losobug

Songster
7 Years
Mar 18, 2012
OnRay (the Roo on the left) crowed at 3 weeks..sad
hit.gif

What do you guys think about Manny (the whiter bird) Female/male pattern of black and white? Any chance? She/he has a larger wider comb than my EE pullets that are obvious girl and is quit a bit larger.. They are about 6 weeks old!

Manny again...what do you think??

Thanks for any input about this critter!!
highfive.gif

Does anyone see any sign that Manny might be a girly girl?? Hopefully! Thank you!!
fl.gif

To me, Manny looks girly right now. My EE pullet has always had a wide comb, so much so that when she was younger, I thought for sure she was a boy. They can surprise you!

Roo on left Manny on the right, the bird in question...They are between 6.5 weeks and 7 weeks old.

Manny (on the right) has a somewhat thick pea comb. Not nearly as dramatic as OnRay (the bad boy..lol)

Top photo Manny on the right and this pic is as good of a side shot as I have on the computer right now!!

Thanks for helping, I really hope she is a she
D.gif

Oh My Gosh, pullet votes...yippee. These were the last two chicks I got this season and I was getting very bummed about 2 out of 2 being roos!! Mannys comb developed quicker than my little EE pullet, but it has slowed down now (when compared to ONRay her ROOm mate)
hu.gif
I already have a Speckled Sussex Roo that was supposed to be a girly. I would be so happy and hopefully only have to rehome one Roo instead of 2!!

Oh My Gosh, pullet votes...yippee. These were the last two chicks I got this season and I was getting very bummed about 2 out of 2 being roos!! Mannys comb developed quicker than my little EE pullet, but it has slowed down now (when compared to ONRay her [COLOR=FF0000]ROO[/COLOR]m mate) :confused:   I already have a Speckled Sussex Roo that was supposed to be a girly. I would be so happy and hopefully only have to rehome one Roo instead of 2!! 

This is something I quote from Illa quite often:

Actually, a VERY easy way to show people sexing EE's by demonstrating with your pictured birds there is by color. EE's are very easily sexed by color, as most are actually sex-linked too.

Females in most cases come out a partridge looking brown and black, often known as wild-type duckwing. Some though are silver too, which is strictly black and white, sometimes with a salmon breast.

Males on the other hand are quite often black and white, but have colored red, orange, or yellow feathers that emerge on sometimes the neck, back, and most importantly and almost always the shoulders. These are tell-tail signs of a male, as females cannot have that color in those regions. Other male colors that are red flags are one coming out with a black breast and red markings on the shoulders, neck, and back. /img/smilies/smile.png

True saddle and hackle feathers actually come in much later, so judging by them is a hard thing to do, especially when someone is new with chickens.

I'm going to say pullet after seeing the extra shots. I don't see any signs of colour coming through anywhere else on her :)

White and black EEs are kind of hard to ID at first, but my vote would go to pullet as well here. Her patterning is very even, and no hints of red anywhere.

Pretty girl!

Back
Top Bottom