Easter Egger Roo (for sure) and Pullet?? Please!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Losobug, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Losobug

Losobug Songster

Mar 18, 2012
    OnRay (the Roo on the left) crowed at 3 weeks..sad [​IMG]

What do you guys think about Manny (the whiter bird) Female/male pattern of black and white? Any chance? She/he has a larger wider comb than my EE pullets that are obvious girl and is quit a bit larger.. They are about 6 weeks old!

[​IMG]

Manny again...what do you think??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for any input about this critter!! [​IMG]

2. Losobug

Losobug Songster

Mar 18, 2012
    Does anyone see any sign that Manny might be a girly girl?? Hopefully! Thank you!![​IMG]

3. hdowden

hdowden Crowing

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    comb doesnt look that red nor that big in the pics

4. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Can you take profile pictures of the bird? I want to see the wings from the side.

I am leaning more towards pullet at this time..

5. RedIII

RedIII Songster

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    To me, Manny looks girly right now. My EE pullet has always had a wide comb, so much so that when she was younger, I thought for sure she was a boy. They can surprise you!

6. chickenreferee

chickenreferee Chirping

Jun 2, 2012
    Statesville, NC
    I think she looks like a pullet myself. That comb just doesn't say cockeral to me. She is very pretty!

7. Losobug

Losobug Songster

Mar 18, 2012
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Roo on left Manny on the right, the bird in question...They are between 6.5 weeks and 7 weeks old.

[​IMG]
    Manny (on the right) has a somewhat thick pea comb. Not nearly as dramatic as OnRay (the bad boy..lol)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Top photo Manny on the right and this pic is as good of a side shot as I have on the computer right now!!

Thanks for helping, I really hope she is a she [​IMG]

8. Losobug

Losobug Songster

Mar 18, 2012
    Oh My Gosh, pullet votes...yippee. These were the last two chicks I got this season and I was getting very bummed about 2 out of 2 being roos!! Mannys comb developed quicker than my little EE pullet, but it has slowed down now (when compared to ONRay her ROOm mate) [​IMG] I already have a Speckled Sussex Roo that was supposed to be a girly. I would be so happy and hopefully only have to rehome one Roo instead of 2!!

9. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

This is something I quote from Illa quite often:

I'm going to say pullet after seeing the extra shots. I don't see any signs of colour coming through anywhere else on her :)

10. Pele

Pele Songster

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    White and black EEs are kind of hard to ID at first, but my vote would go to pullet as well here. Her patterning is very even, and no hints of red anywhere.

Pretty girl!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: