Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

From what I can see, I think you might right. Next week or two, you will know.  Company for your 2 barred cockerels! 

Thanks! I will keep an eye on him. I actually have 3 BR cockerels and pretty sure 2 Aussies as well. Going to be hard to decide on our keeper(s). I have 16 that I'm sure are pullets.

The golden color spread across the wings is not as concerning as that one little dark red spot showing in the first pic.  You could just call him Pat. :D   Nice looking bird. 
Thank you! I love his color. I hope he stays relatively quiet so that we can keep him around.
1f60a.png

5.5 week EE (I posted at 4 weeks, now 5.5) I know it's still early, but aside from behavior, I'm not seeing any telltale Roo signs, just wondering what you guys are seeing?

5.5 week EE (I posted at 4 weeks, now 5.5) I know it's still early, but aside from behavior, I'm not seeing any telltale Roo signs, just wondering what you guys are seeing?

That is a lot of comb. Likely a cockerel. Part the feathers on the back/shoulder area. There is likely some deep, dark red feathers coming in. We just can't see them yet in the photos.

Hello!!! Can anyone tell me if this is a pullet or cockerel? They're about 8 weeks old now. Thank you in advance!!

It looks like a pullet to me! My supposed-to-be pullet that is actually a cockerel is 8 weeks old also. He has a much larger, pinker comb and a much "thicker" appearance overall than yours. I love the color!

Thank you Brittney! This is my first time 'raising' them. We got 10 that are 'supposed' to be females and they all look like pullets. This one just is confusing me and I think it's because of the crazy fluffy cheeks? I hope it's a she! Sorry about yours :( thank you again for your help!

Back
Top Bottom