Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

That's a good question.  The females typically have an even pattern over the wings, but does that mean no females can have a columbian type color?  Seems we've had some examples of columbian type pullets, but I'm not sure.  Anyone?

I don't know about color but his stance screams roo

For education purposes here is a couple of my EE's from the beginning. A few of mine have had 3 row pea combs and had me waiting for a cock-a-doodle

Hakiki (3 row) pretty blue eggs

Journey (3 or very wide comb) pretty blue eggs

Chestnut- Lays olive colored eggs

Jet- Her Dad was Ayam Cemani and Mom was Cream Legbar and lays blue eggs (which I believe still means EE due to the blue gene). She is all black (inside mouth and feet even) but the white lacing.

Here is my daily bounty from these ladies and my Cohin mix!

Hope this helps with color sexing as well.

Hi All,

Got this "Ameraucana" at a local feed store a little more than two weeks ago. I'm guessing its age is about 2-3 weeks old.
I have reasons to believe that this is an Easter Egger, not Ameraucana. Could I please get your help to confirm what kind of breed this is? Also the golden question, which could possibly be too early to tell, would any of you care to share if you think this is a roo or a pullet?
Thank you for your time. Have a great weekend.

Hi All,

Got this "Ameraucana" at a local feed store a little more than two weeks ago. I'm guessing its age is about 2-3 weeks old.
I have reasons to believe that this is an Easter Egger, not Ameraucana. Could I please get your help to confirm what kind of breed this is? Also the golden question, which could possibly be too early to tell, would any of you care to share if you think this is a roo or a pullet?
Thank you for your time. Have a great weekend

If you got it from a feed store, I will say it is an EE like you think. There are only 2 hatcheries that have true Ameraucanas and they don't typically end up at a feed store. AS for sex, it's too early to tell. I would post back in a month or so to see if the comb could give it a way at that point.

Back
Top Bottom