Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Amazing! So happy :) I think saw a tint of green on the tail feathers, which made me second guess and those weird looking saddle feathers too. Thanks so much for your help guys!

You probably did, since there's black there. But that doesn't mean your bird is a cockerel. All birds of any gender that have black feathering will sheen black or even purple in the sun. My Black Jersey Giant hen sheens both purple and green.

Could someone help me out with my chick. It’s 8.5 weeks old and I have half of the people telling me boy the other half it’s a girl
D34A5890-455C-4588-A47A-972118250B2F.jpeg
2AB51F0C-1927-4455-B127-58FFEAB302A0.jpeg
2BF73BEC-0B54-4DBE-A351-836C2C7868CF.jpeg

Hey, this is my first time posting! This EE has me concerned after reading about pullets not usually being black and white. My birds are about 8 weeks. Came from Ideal. My other EE has the typical pullet coloring. (Head down in pic) Does anyone have any insight on he/she?
20180804_094548.jpg

Hey, this is my first time posting! This EE has me concerned after reading about pullets not usually being black and white. My birds are about 8 weeks. Came from Ideal. My other EE has the typical pullet coloring. (Head down in pic) Does anyone have any insight on he/she? View attachment 1494266
:welcome Hard to know for sure without a good look at the comb, but I think it's a pullet. Compare to your brown EE pullet. 8 wk cockerel's comb will be redder, fatter and lumpier looking. Typical 8 wk pullet will have a mostly single narrow ridge down the center.

Hey, this is my first time posting! This EE has me concerned after reading about pullets not usually being black and white. My birds are about 8 weeks. Came from Ideal. My other EE has the typical pullet coloring. (Head down in pic) Does anyone have any insight on he/she? View attachment 1494266
Welcome aboard! Exciting times, aren't they!

I have one just like that and it turned out to be a pullet. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom