Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Quote:
I change my guess to rooster. The profile pic shows that he DOES have a small red patch on his shoulder, in addition to the red on his lower wings. He'll be a handsome guy!
smile.png

Yah, those patches just popped in within the last few days. Ah well, I think I shall keep him as long as he's not a butthead.
smile.png

Wait does he/she have a three row comb? (cant tell in the pict) if not she/he is a hen
smile.png

Quote:
Yah, those patches just popped in within the last few days. Ah well, I think I shall keep him as long as he's not a butthead.
smile.png

Wait does he/she have a three row comb? (cant tell in the pict) if not she/he is a hen
smile.png

I'll post an updated pic when I can get one , but this chicken is definitely a roo. not by the comb so much, but shiny yellow saddle feathers are starting to come in - definitely a boy!
sad.png

Conversely, do all EEs have the ear muffs and the beard? They are frequently such a mix I'm wondering what traits absolutely go along with the colored eggs.

Quote:
smile.png

I'll post an updated pic when I can get one , but this chicken is definitely a roo. not by the comb so much, but shiny yellow saddle feathers are starting to come in - definitely a boy!
sad.png

My girl EE has huge saddle looking feathers. I'd judge the gender more so on the comb with this breed.

Ok, I was going to post my EE sex question when I noticed this thread, so this supposedly girl EE is 10 wks old, but much larger than "her" sisters and the feathering is different. Other than that - no roo like tendencies. So, what do you think?

EE with gender in question:
30647_ee_girlboy1.jpg

30647_ee_girlboy2.jpg

Comparison EE which I'm sure is a girl - same age:
30647_ee_hershey.jpg

Quote:
That's defiantly a girl. I have one that same color. I have a pic of mine in my profile page(4th pic), but it doesn't show her back end well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom