1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Morgan7782, Mar 11, 2011.

1. brairgirl

brairgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    No.. But thanks for the reassurance!

2. cassbickford

cassbickford Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013
    We have a chicken named Owl too. :) My one year old named her.

3. cortner1195

cortner1195 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2012
    I must say, this is my favorite thread here. I read every post every day. The pics are amazing! My two EE's are fast becoming the favorite of my new chicks. I posted some pics of these two as babies, 2 1/2, and 5 weeks. Here are some at 8 weeks. The names are Hoot, and Moose. Someone here gave me the name for Moose. Hoot is smaller, and lighter, and apparently Loves the camera. I probably got 10 pics of Moose moving, and Hoot raising her little face to the camera. While it took 30+ pics to get a few of Moose that aren't blurred. Figures. So here is the question. Is Moose still looking like a pullet?
    [​IMG] Moose
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]Hoot
    [​IMG] Hoot closer to camera
    [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance for any help! I am down to just three of my one year old hens out of fourteen started. I was really hoping to do better this year.

4. cassbickford

cassbickford Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2013

5. cortner1195

Jun 3, 2012
    thanks!

6. cortner1195

Jun 3, 2012
    Moose looks a little like the Farrah Fawcet of chickens. She has this full head and neck of fluffy feathers. But last night she looked a little like her hackle feathers were a bit pointy. Not to mention she is much larger than Hoot. Although several of the others are the same size.

7. lanniemcvern

lanniemcvern New Egg

Apr 19, 2013
    This has been interesting reading. We went away for a week and I think one of my girls may have turned into a boy! We have 2 EEs: Fluffy (red) and Bluebell. Our little crossbeak Fluffy is looking a bit manly to me. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Definitely a boy!

9. MackChick

MackChick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2013
    BC, Canada
    X2

10. TREX

TREX Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    I agree. Looks very rooish! I did a close up on his back and you can see some pointy saddle feathers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by