Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

LOL. My roo crows at 3:30am no matter what time the light comes on. I just sleep through him unless he sounds 'weird'. I mostly HAVE a rooster so I know if something gets in my coop again, after the dog attack.
He was waiting til about 5 before the time change but now it's SO dang early (it doesn't bother me but it is probably not cool to some of the people who live anywhere near me...I think he's the loudest rooster around lol) I really don't want to piss people off
hide.gif

He was waiting til about 5 before the time change but now it's SO dang early (it doesn't bother me but it is probably not cool to some of the people who live anywhere near me...I think he's the loudest rooster around lol) I really don't want to piss people off
hide.gif
Lucky for me, mine's half Silkie and is probably the LEAST noisy rooster in the area. I can hear my landlord's roosters from a 1/4 mile away.

Do you know if you turn a light on earlier in the morning will the Rooster crow even earlier than he does already? ( It gets light at 6 and he starts crowing at about 330 or 4AM) I really don't want him crowing at 1am! lol
gig.gif
And here I thought it was because my DH's alarm goes off at 3:30am. Rufus won't crow until the alarm goes off (unless I let the dogs out and then he crows at them). I figured he was just competing with the "house rooster" .
ya.gif
I am planning on setting mine to come on at 5 pm and shut off at 9pm. In Summer the sun sets at nine so I figure that will work for the lights.

gig.gif
And here I thought it was because my DH's alarm goes off at 3:30am. Rufus won't crow until the alarm goes off (unless I let the dogs out and then he crows at them). I figured he was just competing with the "house rooster" .
ya.gif
I am planning on setting mine to come on at 5 pm and shut off at 9pm. In Summer the sun sets at nine so I figure that will work for the lights.
Lol I guess you could say they're in sync I like the evening idea. I think it could work out really well. I wasn't going to add light originally but I'm worried that she's gonna wait til next year to start laying (with less light) so I was hoping that maybe adding some light would help. (I am SO impatient) In reality she is probably just now at the right age for laying.
hu.gif

My rooster, Cecil, crows later. Like 5pm. Crazy boy. I watched him Crow at the wall.

I add light to equal 14 hous per day. That keeps the eggs coming, and my chickens eating.

My rooster, Cecil, crows later. Like 5pm. Crazy boy. I watched him Crow at the wall.

I add light to equal 14 hous per day. That keeps the eggs coming, and my chickens eating.
Only at night? dang if I could only be so lucky! lol I guess my rooster is a loud mouth! He crows ALL the time...He thinks he hot stuff or something.
Hahaha (I thought of this when you said he was crowing at the wall
he.gif
)

Lol I guess you could say they're in sync I like the evening idea. I think it could work out really well. I wasn't going to add light originally but I'm worried that she's gonna wait til next year to start laying (with less light) so I was hoping that maybe adding some light would help. (I am SO impatient) In reality she is probably just now at the right age for laying.
hu.gif

I know what you mean by the impatient bit. I am adding some James Marie quail in the spring because they start laying eggs at 8 weeks! The males are at butcher weight of near a pound at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom