Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

[/IMG] this is Chantilly (Tilly) I am freaking out because I'm expecting eggs any day with her reddening comb but my husband says she looks roosterish!! Please help me is she gonna crow or lay?! She is a little over 5 months!! She has never made a crow noise like my other Roos.

Last edited:
[/URL] this is Chantilly (Tilly) I am freaking out because I'm expecting eggs any day with her reddening comb but my husband says she looks roosterish!! Please help me is she gonna crow or lay?! She is a little over 5 months!! She has never made a crow noise like my other Roos.
Sorry but she id definitely a rooster.
sad.png
She has saddle feathers, a big red comb, and her comb has more than one row (which most roosters have, doesn't always apply though).

Yeah, that's a roo. Mounds of saddle feathers and hackle feathers. We have one who's going on 22 weeks and hasn't crowed yet. The only way I know he's a roo is his saddle and hackle feathers as well.

Here are my EE's. I'm hoping all 3 are pullets but wanted to get your thoughts. They are 6 weeks old.

My largest and most dominant EE:

Any my other 2 EEs: (red and black headed)

[/URL] this is Chantilly (Tilly) I am freaking out because I'm expecting eggs any day with her reddening comb but my husband says she looks roosterish!! Please help me is she gonna crow or lay?! She is a little over 5 months!! She has never made a crow noise like my other Roos.

I don't think you'll be getting eggs from this beauty. He looks a lot like my roo, who happens to be our favorite. At about 16 weeks, he started to crow & has long, black tail feathers with a metallic green shine in the sunlight. His amazing personality has won the hearts of all the neighbors. Thankfully, his crow is not very loud & can't be heard inside the house, but he still has to go. (only hens are legal) BTW- If anyone in the Chicagoland area wants to adopt a rooster, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom