Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

No, I've had grown hens flare and charge as well as many a chick. Shoot, my dominant hen jumps on backs when her leadership is questioned! Behavior alone is never a great indicator but when combined with other things, it certainly makes him seem more roosterish.
Surprisingly enough, my Polish hen is my dominant one. To see her flare her feathers and charge is hilarious!
gig.gif

Based on the pictures we've seen here we are wondering if our EE is a roo? -- Here are some pictures of "Bootsie". I don't know how old he/she is, but I had been guessing somewhere between 5-6 weeks? My kids and I would be so appreciative any thoughts on gender.

Thank you for looking at Bootsie!
:)

Based on the pictures we've seen here we are wondering if our EE is a roo? -- Here are some pictures of "Bootsie". I don't know how old he/she is, but I had been guessing somewhere between 5-6 weeks? My kids and I would be so appreciative any thoughts on gender.

Thank you for looking at Bootsie!
:)

This does look like a young rooster, sorry.

No, I've had grown hens flare and charge as well as many a chick. Shoot, my dominant hen jumps on backs when her leadership is questioned! Behavior alone is never a great indicator but when combined with other things, it certainly makes him seem more roosterish.

Ok, good to know. I have NEVER seen one of my girls do it, only my silkie rooster. It is pretty funny to see.

Aloha can anyone help us determine if this is a Roo? My son thinks this is a Roo and I am not sure.

Our 6 chicks are 3 weeks old. So far this one is the only one with 3 rows of peas.

Back
Top Bottom