Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

These EE's are hard to figure out! This one of mine just started to get the longer tail feathers this week! Doesn't look anything like my 2 EE Roosters that I have

These EE's are hard to figure out! This one of mine just started to get the longer tail feathers this week! Doesn't look anything like my 2 EE Roosters that I have

That's a pullet. :) She doesn't look like a straight EE with that standard comb and those feathered legs. Do you happen to know what she's crossed with ?

The lady that I got them from said maybe buff orpington or ostelorp?? She has a whole bunch of different varieties. But this group that she incubated, she had gotten the eggs from someone else. She said they'd lay the different colored eggs. It doesn't matter much to me. It's funny out of the 7 I got from her only 2 of them have the same colorings & they are both Roosters! Haha!! Only 1 has the puffy cheeks too.

The lady that I got them from said maybe buff orpington or ostelorp?? She has a whole bunch of different varieties. But this group that she incubated, she had gotten the eggs from someone else. She said they'd lay the different colored eggs. It doesn't matter much to me. It's funny out of the 7 I got from her only 2 of them have the same colorings & they are both Roosters! Haha!! Only 1 has the puffy cheeks too.

Neither Orpingtons nor Australorps (Australian Orpington) have feathered legs. I don't know what is in your chicken but it isn't one of them.

Feathered legged chickens include: Brahma, Langshan, Cochin, Faverolles. There are probably others.

Neither Orpingtons nor Australorps (Australian Orpington) have feathered legs. I don't know what is in your chicken but it isn't one of them.

Feathered legged chickens include: Brahma, Langshan, Cochin, Faverolles. There are probably others.
I agree with this basic assumption in most regards, but I have a hatchery B.O. that is very typical in her appearance of all B.O.'s....except for her feathers that trail down her leg like this one but a little less. I have always attributed it to a hatchery bird that has "something" in her background that threw a little feathered leg in the gene pool.

Back
Top Bottom