Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hello, I have 6 bantam Easter Eggers, 8 weeks old.

I think the first two are roosters, they both look about like this with the red/brown splotches, and both have very red, comparatively large combs that started showing up by week 2.

Next three I think are girls, all with this pattern (2 are white and black, one is orange and black). No comb development to speak of until last day or two.

The last one I'm not sure. Sort of a pastel version of the splotchy ones! Comb development is less than the suspected roosters, more than the suspected pullets. What do you think?

Usually males have development in the comb at 7-8 weeks. But, be careful about comparing EEs since they can have mixed combs. This can make two look a bit different just based on that. You're looking for growth and reddening.

No growth on any of my EEs in the comb department, nor reddening. I'm hoping she is indeed a she...I want some of those pretty eggs :)

Opinions? 5 weeks old, I keep seeing "pullets" with pink combs, do EE's just have pinker skin in general?
New at this, but I'm guessing roo with the three row already pinking comb.
Hello, I have 6 bantam Easter Eggers, 8 weeks old.

I think the first two are roosters, they both look about like this with the red/brown splotches, and both have very red, comparatively large combs that started showing up by week 2.

Next three I think are girls, all with this pattern (2 are white and black, one is orange and black). No comb development to speak of until last day or two.

The last one I'm not sure. Sort of a pastel version of the splotchy ones! Comb development is less than the suspected roosters, more than the suspected pullets. What do you think?
Of the three pictures that came up I'd guess first and third were roos, unsure on #2.

Please help me... Out of the 4 sexed pullets I bought, two of them are roos. I just got another chick, hoping to have a girl. Please!?

Taffy (white) is 6.5 weeks. Jade is in the middle, and the new chick is on the right. Jade and the new one are just a bit younger.

New one on the left

6.5 week old roo in front. New one (just a bit younger) in the back

Hi ColoBecky
Seems we are both havingthe same problem. My bird in Question looks a lot like the bird in the 1st., picture. I am a newbee but have been reading most of these posts. I red color on the wings and chest are leading me to believe we have males.

Hi fellow chicken people! I have been looking all the pictures and comments re: the sex of our EE's. A few weeks ago, I just knew I would have two happy little hen friends. Now I have what I think is a chicken couple. These cuties are 10 weeks old, and the bird in question is the lighter bird. What do ya'll think?

This chicken is a dude! Right! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom