Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hi! I posted some pics on a separate thread a few days ago of our chick in question and got mixed opinions, so I thought I'd post some more recent pics here for the EE experts to have a look at. Any help would be so very much appreciated! :) S/he is a little over 7 weeks and I think I may be just starting to notice some floppy feathers around the tail? But I'm new to this, so I'm not quite sure :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi! I posted some pics on a separate thread a few days ago of our chick in question and got mixed opinions, so I thought I'd post some more recent pics here for the EE experts to have a look at. Any help would be so very much appreciated! :) S/he is a little over 7 weeks and I think I may be just starting to notice some floppy feathers around the tail? But I'm new to this, so I'm not quite sure :)

Thanks in advance!

Sorry, his comb has the three rows of peas.....what we mean by that is that there is a center row going up and down and then two smaller rows on either side of the center one. I say roo.

Thanks in advance!

At that age I would say that is a roo!
hmm.png

Chicknnugget, the tail makes me nervous. Everything else looks pullet to me. Red is only masculine if it shows in the form of wing bars. Pullets can have red as part of the overall pattern. Theirs is often a brown-red or peach but deep red is possible too.
OMG! thank you for helping me. I was really wondering about the color on him/her. Not sure exactly what the wing bar is, but I think it some sort of stripe through the feather? I do agree with you about the tail. It seems tall and few feathers bend under at the tip. This bird is a bit taller and upright than the darker hen too. Well all we can all do is wait for that first attempt at a crow. I hope not to have to rehome him. Again thanks for helping ALL of us newbees!

I am a newbee, in the same situation as you. My bird in question is 10-11 weeks old and its comb is not as red as yours. He/she has no raised bits either. Either way yours is a very pretty bird. Will you be able to keep it if it is a Rooster?

Oh gosh — good luck to you! I hope yours turns out to be what you're hoping for. We unfortunately will not be able to keep a rooster, if s/he turns out to be one (we're in Chicago). I know — s/he's a looker and we'll be very sad to have to give him up.
sad.png

Thanks for everyone's input!

Hi! I posted some pics on a separate thread a few days ago of our chick in question and got mixed opinions, so I thought I'd post some more recent pics here for the EE experts to have a look at. Any help would be so very much appreciated! :) S/he is a little over 7 weeks and I think I may be just starting to notice some floppy feathers around the tail? But I'm new to this, so I'm not quite sure :) Thanks in advance!
Stunning! What a beautiful chicken. I'm learning about chickens and still waiting to see if one of mine is a he or she. Wish mine were as gorgeous as yours! We are in the same boat.

Hi! I posted some pics on a separate thread a few days ago of our chick in question and got mixed opinions, so I thought I'd post some more recent pics here for the EE experts to have a look at. Any help would be so very much appreciated! :) S/he is a little over 7 weeks and I think I may be just starting to notice some floppy feathers around the tail? But I'm new to this, so I'm not quite sure :) Thanks in advance!
Thats a rooster..

Back
Top Bottom