Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Quote:
lau.gif

Updated pics of a couple of my Easter Eggers. Now at 10 weeks old for the bigger ones and 6 weeks old for the younger ones.

10 wks:

And the younger two at 6 weeks:

And I'm thinking all definitely roosters.

Last edited:
Updated pics of a couple of my Easter Eggers. Now at 10 weeks old for the bigger ones and 6 weeks old for the younger ones.

10 wks:

And the younger two at 6 weeks:

And I'm thinking all definitely roosters.

I would wait until 8 weeks to say for sure on the younger gray one. I do think that your 10 wk olds are cockerels, and the blue and red 6 wk old, but the gray 6 wk old could go either way. I don't see any definitive signs of a cockerel yet! So give that one a few more weeks.

Wow, Millie looks like my Mrs. Puff... Wow, they do look a lot alike. I can't tell from your pictures (I'm on my phone)... are Mrs. Puff's feathers gray or black? I love that Millie is gray/white instead of the typical black/white. I sure hope I get green or blue eggs and not just brown, she is my only pullet that isn't a guaranteed brown egg layer those are older photos, I don't have a good current side shot ... she is now 24 weeks and lays a brown egg.

Wow, they do look a lot alike. I can't tell from your pictures (I'm on my phone)... are Mrs. Puff's feathers gray or black?

I love that Millie is gray/white instead of the typical black/white. I sure hope I get green or blue eggs and not just brown, she is my only pullet that isn't a guaranteed brown egg layer
She has a lot of gray... I'll get a good side shot and post it.
I was surprised by the brown egg since she has all the traditional EE traits but that's what can happen.
I have 4 EE's, all look different from each other, and so far only 1 lays green, 2 lay brown for sure and I think I'm still waiting on my last to lay so (hopefully) she hasn't laid yet and it will be green or blue. I haven't seen her in the nest box at all so I don't think she's laying yet. They don't free range so I don't have to have an Easter egg hunt cause I would see them in the run!

BTW, Mrs Puff is from Meyer Hatchery, is Millie from a hatchery?

I don't believe so... I got her from a local farm and was told she was hatched by one of our local 4H clubs

Can I jump in? I have an EE, she/he came out of a green egg - s/he is totally black. My question is can EE hens be all black? I will try to get a good shot of s/he today, gosh she/he will not be still long enough for me to get a good profile shot, always on the move. S/he has a pea comb and s/he is now 12 weeks old.
Like I said, I will post pics later, hopefully good ones but was wondering because I have not seen a pic of an all black female EE.
Thanks,
Connie

Back
Top Bottom