Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I need help sexing these adorable chicks. They are supposed to be Ameraucanas.

Dale is the greyish colored chick at 7.5 weeks. The other is Dale.

This cream colored chick is also 7.5 weeks. Mooshu is her name.

They are difficult to sex and I am hoping for all hens.
idunno.gif

idunno.gif

I'm sure all are girls, except for the cream colored one, I'm not too sure about.

idunno.gif

The top gray one - is its comb turning pink already?
Quote: I agree, they both look like boys.

These are my EE boys:

Elwood (white) and Jake (dark). Elwood's egg mother is a Buff Orpington, and Jake's is an EE. Elwood has the muffs and beard but white legs, and Jake has the green legs but no muffs or beards. Both have the right combs. They are 11 weeks old Thursday. Elwood was crowing in the brooder, but now that he is out with the big girls, he is shyer.

This is a better picture of Jake's gorgeous feathering.

I set eggs in an incubator when my roo died. He was a lovely, gentle EE, and I was hoping to hatch a "Little Butch" to retain the personality traits. These are the only two chicks that hatched from 13 viable eggs. I am hoping that I can keep them both with my (probably) 13 hen mixed flock.

These are my EE boys: Elwood (white) and Jake (dark). Elwood's egg mother is a Buff Orpington, and Jake's is an EE. Elwood has the muffs and beard but white legs, and Jake has the green legs but no muffs or beards. Both have the right combs. They are 11 weeks old Thursday. Elwood was crowing in the brooder, but now that he is out with the big girls, he is shyer. This is a better picture of Jake's gorgeous feathering. I set eggs in an incubator when my roo died. He was a lovely, gentle EE, and I was hoping to hatch a "Little Butch" to retain the personality traits. These are the only two chicks that hatched from 13 viable eggs. I am hoping that I can keep them both with my (probably) 13 hen mixed flock.
very pretty boys!

Oh Elwood! You are one handsome fellow!

Thank you so much for posting these two up. I have been wondering what Buff Orpington X EE's would look like. He is precious! And I am now more excited than ever at the prospect of breeding my chosen EE rooster to our Buff and Black Orpington hens in the spring. That's ironic that you had only 2 roos hatch out of your eggs. We incubated 24 and got 6 to hatch. 5 of those were roos. Now I must just decide which one to keep and which ones to send back to my Aunt's.

Back
Top Bottom