Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Hens4thehuds,
I'm leaning towards boy on that one. The way it holds itself looks boyish to me.

And all my girls are WAY paler than him/her , they're a little older.

I know it is really hard to figure this one out... there is always one "shim" in the group that takes a while to figure out. In my last group I had a EE that everyone swore was a cockerel, thick ankles, big comb, super patchy coloring... well, that one ended up being a pullet that layed the biggest egg in the group!

If you have any pictures of your girls... I would love to see pictures of your little hens, just for comparison sake, I love to analyze these things...what type are they?

Last edited:
UPDATE: Okay I posted about two weeks ago my 10 week old Olive egger - (copper maran x ameraucana mix) and my Lavender Ameraucana Fiona...
I now know for sure that Fiona is a rooster- so we shall call him Heona, but the Olive egger is a mystery to me, it looks like it has a single row of peas in its comb, but its comb is much redder than the other confirmed pullets??? LMK what you think:)

Here he/she is now....

I hope you all can help me out with my bird.... Thanks!
To me, the body shape and pattern look more like a hen. Can you tell if the tail feathers look iridescent? Some of them do look long and curvy and shiny in those pictures above. If they do, then your chicken is probably a boy.

UPDATE: Okay I posted about two weeks ago my 10 week old Olive egger - (copper maran x ameraucana mix) and my Lavender Ameraucana Fiona...
I now know for sure that Fiona is a rooster- so we shall call him Heona, but the Olive egger is a mystery to me, it looks like it has a single row of peas in its comb, but its comb is much redder than the other confirmed pullets??? LMK what you think:)

First this is Sharkie at about 7 Weeks

Here he/she is now....

My rooster Heona and Sharkie...

this picture below has Sharkie (black and gold bird in left front) and the Lav bird on the right ( this is a confirmed pullet) can you see that Sharkies comb is much more pink?

I hope you all can help me out with my bird.... Thanks!

I think Sharkie is a PULLET! That neck pattern is classic female coloring. Are the more recent photos of her at 10 weeks or 12 weeks?

Sharkie is 10 wks old...

I still vote pullet
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom