Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Very interesting thread. Still reading through it....lots of pages, ha ha! EEs are truly stunning!

Here is mine, pictures are between 3 and 3.5 weeks. What do y'all think?
Thanks!
:)

Looks like a pullet so far. (Comb looks small, no red patches developing.... yet!
smile.png
) You should know for sure in a couple of weeks.

Yes, I had a chick like that too. She always ran right to us, held her head up high, & tilted it to the side like she was trying to understand our words. She was also fearless - especially for being the smallest in the hatch - and proved to our 100 lb dog that she was boss. We were so certain that she would be a roo, but very grateful to now have a confident green-blue egg layer. Because she is so outgoing, every guest & neighbor call her their favorite. She's still named "Tyrion" from Game of Thrones.

Now

Then

T
I thought I'd repost my pics of EE cockerels and pullets for those who are looking for sexing tips. These pics are from last summer when they were 3-4 weeks old.
Pullet:

Notice the pale comb with a single line of ridges (peas).

Cockerel:

Notice the red comb with 3 distinct rows of ridges.

Also, the red coloration in plumage.

Hope this may help anyone with month old chicks looking to plan for the future.
Happy chicking!

This was very helpful to me, thank you so much!

Yes, I had a chick like that too. She always ran right to us, held her head up high, & tilted it to the side like she was trying to understand our words. She was also fearless - especially for being the smallest in the hatch - and proved to our 100 lb dog that she was boss. We were so certain that she would be a roo, but very grateful to now have a confident green-blue egg layer. Because she is so outgoing, every guest & neighbor call her their favorite. She's still named "Tyrion" from Game of Thrones.

Now

Then

OMG! Tyrion is adorable!!!! Ahhh, the face! She for sure does have that feisty look about her....awwww! Love the adult colouring too. Can't wait to see what mine turns out to be....

So, what's the earliest age u can tell any of this stuff? Lol I just got 2 more babies, I will not be able to keep any cockerels and I'm starting to get attached to both! :(

Back
Top Bottom