Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Curved, pointy tails indicated male on mine. My pullets tails stick up like an adult hen does. Compare leg thickness with each other. Males have slightly thicker legs than females.
When you say curved pointed tails are you talking about the dark one at the top or the light colored chick who only has a fluff but so far is curved down with the body? Here are the two crests. The legs didn't look enough different for me to tell anything.

When you say curved pointed tails are you talking about the dark one at the top or the light colored chick who only has a fluff but so far is curved down with the body? Here are the two crests. The legs didn't look enough different for me to tell anything.
See my Easter Eggers tail feathers behind my leghorn? Those is what you look for. I know it's not a good picture, but that's what you look for in cockerels around 7 weeks. Also, red patches of color on the shoulders is another sign among boys. How old are yours?

See my Easter Eggers tail feathers behind my leghorn? Those is what you look for. I know it's not a good picture, but that's what you look for in cockerels around 7 weeks. Also, red patches of color on the shoulders is another sign among boys. How old are yours?
These are both 3 full weeks... I have a couple of pictures posted just previously that shows them fro, the side where I was asking about their tail differences

What do Y'all think...9 week ee/cochin mixes.

My 3 new girls. 2 are EE one is a GLW I am wondering about the sex of the 2 EEs (and the GLW too if anyone can tell at this age) All 3 are supposed to be pullets. These pics are from last friday when I picked them up. They were supposed to be 4 weeks but i think are turning 4 weeks this week.

I think this one will stay brown.

the middle one is my GLW, but shows the comb and heads of the EEs

This one has the dark wings but seems to be feathering in mostly white. Getting more and more white feathers on its chest.

Four weeks?! I don't think so. I'd put them at two. Mine all had chest feathers starting by three, some were done at four. Anyway, wait for the wings to fill and update then.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom