Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Any ideas on my two EE? They are 7 weeks old in the pictures, but are now 8 weeks in real life.
smile.png

EE #1

The one in the middle is the EE. :)

EE #2 (who I am sure is a pullet. She/he is very docile and submissive.).

Marycontrary14, brown back, rosy chest = female. Males of this pattern would have black coming in on the chest. You don't have any frontal shots but that's how you can be 100% sure. The angles you do have look pullet for both.

I took another pic of my white EE today because I am still wondering about her. I posted some pics of her earlier but there was not a decent comb shot. Is she still looking like a pullet?

I have two white ones just like this one. It was hard to tell because one always had a pinker comb than the other, but they both turned out to be girls. Your chick needs a bit more time to tell, but I am going to guess girl. If you can, please post side view pictures so we can see the tail and posture.

Happy Saturday easter egger experts! I was just curious if there is anything to be said about chick down color. I know about sex-link barring, but what about the variety in coloring of "chipmunk" chicks? For example-

And

Are there any trends that any of you have noticed? Are say darker chicks typically one sex vs another? Any sex linkage in striping patterns?

I've noticed with EE's that you can have 2 chicks that are completely different colors and they turn out the same.

You can also almost guarantee if I really, really, really like a chick, its going to be a cockerel!
wink.png

Happy Saturday easter egger experts! I was just curious if there is anything to be said about chick down color. I know about sex-link barring, but what about the variety in coloring of "chipmunk" chicks? For example-
And

Are there any trends that any of you have noticed? Are say darker chicks typically one sex vs another? Any sex linkage in striping patterns?

You can check out this link. Start at the bottom of the page and scroll up. There are 4 Groups of EE chicks that were tracked and photographed through adult plumage. Might give you some ideas of what you can expect.

http://www.plumjam.com/poultry/breeds/ee-colors.cfm

Back
Top Bottom