Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

OK so I think these are all pullets but I figured I would ask the experts (and I think they are pretty and want to share
smile.png
)

They are all about 8 weeks old here

Chip - Has some reddish coming in but it is patterned and not on the shoulders

Badger

Muffin

Let me know if you need more pictures. Thanks in advance!

My first group of EE's are 5 weeks and a few days old now, I'm thinking one of them may be a little roo.

This is Lilly (or maybe Willy) Nilly my daughters chick. The day they turned 5wks she started getting a pea comb and gaining lots of color. This chick is very good and herding up her sisters when they freak out and get lost on our trek from the brooder to the grow out pen every morning. She goes to each of them and brings them into the pen. Its real cute.

This is Lilly (Willy) Nilly with Claudia, I think she has a pea comb

This is Julia, I think she has a standard type comb, but not quite sure. It looks a bit different from standard and yet still different from pea comb.

This is Gertrude, she has a standard type comb

Last edited:
Can someone please help me figure out the breed/gender of my chicks, (I'm pretty sure they are ee's. I bought them at TC and they were marked as ameracaunas but I hear that that's usually not the case)? I have a bad feeling I have more cockerels than pullets :/
Chick #1

Chick #2 & 3

Chick # 4 5 &6

Chick # 7 & 8

Last edited:
WELL, I'M A SAD MOM TONIGHT...........NO THEY ARE FINE...........(7 WEEKS OLD)HOWEVER, TONIGHT IS THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE BY THEMSELVES ! I FEE HORRIBLE....I'M SO SCARED BECAUSE, THOUGH I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I CAN TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE SAFE.......THEY ARE NOT IN A SECURE COOP!! I COULDN'T KEEP THEM IN THE HOUSE ANY LONGER. THEY HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE NOW FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS DURING THE DAY...THEY LOVED IT AND I'VE SECURED THE SMALL PEN THE BEST I CAN...I MAY NOT SLEEP TONIGHT! THEY HAVE BEEN COVERED AND STAKED DOWN ALL OVER THE PLACE.!!
hit.gif

Last edited:
O
WELL, I'M A SAD MOM TONIGHT...........NO THEY ARE FINE...........(7 WEEKS OLD)HOWEVER, TONIGHT IS THE FIRST TIME THEY HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE BY THEMSELVES !  I FEE HORRIBLE....I'M SO SCARED BECAUSE, THOUGH I'VE DONE EVERYTHING I CAN TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE SAFE.......THEY ARE NOT IN A SECURE COOP!!   I COULDN'T KEEP THEM IN THE HOUSE ANY LONGER. THEY HAVE BEEN OUTSIDE NOW FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS DURING THE DAY...THEY LOVED IT AND I'VE SECURED THE SMALL PEN THE BEST I CAN...I MAY NOT SLEEP TONIGHT!  THEY HAVE BEEN COVERED AND STAKED DOWN ALL OVER THE PLACE.!! :hit  
i know the feeling...

Can someone please help me figure out the breed/gender of my chicks, (I'm pretty sure they are ee's. I bought them at TC and they were marked as ameracaunas but I hear that that's usually not the case)? I have a bad feeling I have more cockerels than pullets
hmm.png

Chick #1
Chick #2 & 3
Chick # 4 5 &6
Chick # 7 & 8
If you could get closer pics of the combs it would be easier to tell.

Back
Top Bottom