Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

any ideas on sex?

chick # 1

chick # 2

I'm going to guess cockerel on the first one..how old are they? 3-4 weeks?
#2..pullet? The reddish feathers seem to be on the lighter side..

Me to its nice letting everyone get to be out in the sunshine if they want most of the adult hens and the roosters hang out out in the run all day the chicks stay in the coop or just out in front .. here's some better pics of the weird colored youngun

That one IS confusing...I'm going to guess cockerel because of the darker red coming in on the wings...
He/She is really a gorgeous baby though..

OK, how about y'all take a stab at these, both birds are about 7 weeks old.

EE over EE...I suspect it's a male due to 3 row pea comb, red at 'wattle', stance and behavior.

This one is EE over a brown egg layer, maybe isa brown or amberlink-she had no idea. Much smaller comb, stance is more hen like, but not sure of cross so who knows!

Last edited:
I already posted my four chicks, but I thought I'd add my black & white EE here. She (crosses fingers) is 3 1/2 weeks old. Her pattern is very similar to my brown, lighter on her head and chest, darker across her wings and back. The pattern is the same over her whole body (no splotchiness), but I know b&w EEs are usually male. No brown yet. What do you think?

Last edited:
I already posted my four chicks, but I thought I'd add my black & white EE here. She (crosses fingers) is 3 1/2 weeks old. Her pattern is very similar to my brown, lighter on her head and chest, darker across her wings and back. The pattern is the same over her whole body (no splotchiness), but I know b&w EEs are usually male. No brown yet. What do you think?

That's a pullet

Back
Top Bottom