Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Well I was sure this was a girl...until she started getting some random red patches.

Here's the back

Chest

Close up of red

Comb

hm...it's hard to say. I do believe I see a three row pea comb, it's just not very dark yet, probably closer to 6 weeks old. Watch that comb. If it turns raspberry and starts to enlarge you know you have a boy on your hands.

Just Fyi 3 rows isn't indicative of roo. They have to all be raised. And even. Pullets will commonly have 3 rows of pea comb but the middle one only is generally raised and the others on the sides are smaller. But I agree, this bird bears some watching. Sigh.
http://naturalchickenkeeping.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=283

I have 6 EEs in my flock of 8 week olds. 2 of which are pure Ameracauna. I need opinions on gender. I have an opinion, but want to see if someone more experienced can help out.

My pure Ameracaunas:

Leonard (was blue/silver until about 2 weeks ago) I am thinking boy by size and disposition

Sparkles- no color to her comb at all. Girl all the way

My true EE mixes: Sheldon- has always been larger, and now has red on the shoulders- I'm thinking boy

Penny- I'm hoping girl, she doesn't fight with Sheldon and Leonard like they do with each other

Molly- Dispostion says girl to me

Martha- Smallest of the bunch, disposition says girl as well.

What do y'all think?

Back
Top Bottom