Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I've been slowly (so many pages!) reading this and trying to catch up. Just wanted to post and make sure I don't lose the thread since when I subscribe without posting I don't get updates. I posted these elsewhere but here are mine:

So I got a couple of "Ameraucana" chicks when I went to pick up my silkie chicks because they were mistaken on the quantity and felt bad that they were short. My boston terrier got one while we were out and since they were so sweet I went and picked up another 6 (people keep telling me about chick mortality rates so I err on the safe side and so far I am going to have an awful lot of birds, lol). The second 6 is where I got suspicious after I had been reading, especially with the little dark guy here. They are only about a week old except for the one older one who is about 3 weeks.

The older chick

And the babies who are just about a week:

The odd ball little one who's way darker than the rest

The rest

It is amazing how much different they look in the past week though, maybe time for new pics...

Heres a pic of one of the few double tufted EE chicks i hatched out a couple weeks ago! Im so excited about these!

Cutie pie!

Yea..i have three more for sale but too nervous to ship live birds. Too risky... Wish u were closer...cuz im having a hard time selling these last three... I guess not many people around me care for a unique tufted baby...
1f615.png
Yeah. Shipping is too risky unless you do overnight which probably will cost a lot of money.

Look at that big comb and wattles already! That's a cockerel.

Wyandottes can get combs and wattles very early. But that's a boy 99%. I'm too much of a relativist to say 100% lol. I don't see any ee in him either. It could just be the typical terrible quality hatchery bird slw but they usually don't breed them that bad. Who knows. Some ee's don't have the muffs.

Sadly I had to trade my ee's. I got a legbar in trade.

Back
Top Bottom