Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

I am very new to chickens. Please help me is my girl a rooster? I am told that she is an EE.

welcome-byc.gif
He is a very handsome EE
smile.png

My youngsters are a couple of weeks older now, feathers are well on their way!
Any thoughts now on these guys?
(I'm quite positive that the little Speckled Sussex, the last individual shot, is a cockerel. Of course, I don't know much...)

That's not good new. I can't keep him with all the noise he makes. How do I go about giving him away?
In addition to Craigslist (which sometimes will flag free animal posts), you can ask your local feed store if you can put up an ad there or even have your rooster there in a cage so people can see and adopt him. Another place is this site. Click on Forum, then scroll down to the Social section, look for Where am I? Where are you!, click on it and find a thread for your area (NY, Cororado. Northern California, etc.). If there isn't one for your area, you can start a new thread. Hope you will find him a good home.

My youngsters are a couple of weeks older now, feathers are well on their way! Any thoughts now on these guys? (I'm quite positive that the little Speckled Sussex, the last individual shot, is a cockerel. Of course, I don't know much...)
My guess is maybe # 2 definitely # 6 the rest pullets. Many more with more experience will help. Your cockerel is darling !

Last edited:
My youngsters are a couple of weeks older now, feathers are well on their way!
Any thoughts now on these guys?
(I'm quite positive that the little Speckled Sussex, the last individual shot, is a cockerel. Of course, I don't know much...)
Of course they still have time to change but right now this is what i see. From top to bottom.

1. Pullet
2. Roo
3. Pullet
4. Roo (red on wings?)
5. Pullet
6. Roo

Last edited:
I posted this in a different thread, but I know this thread gets a lot of views. Do I have three and three? If I need to wait a while still and get better photos, please let me know. They just got put in their coop this weekend and outside for the first time. They are 5 1/2 weeks old, bantams.

Direct link so photos can be enlarged https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/896004/easter-egger-bantams-think-three-are-roos

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom