Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Of course they still have time to change but right now this is what i see. From top to bottom.

1. Pullet
2. Roo
3. Pullet
4. Roo (red on wings?)
5. Pullet
6. Roo

Yeah I'm getting better. I had my thoughts on 4 wasn't positive but did notice the red. You guys are teaching me :) I love guessing on this thread. This is the first time I've msg my guess.

I posted this in a different thread, but I know this thread gets a lot of views. Do I have three and three? If I need to wait a while still and get better photos, please let me know. They just got put in their coop this weekend and outside for the first time. They are 5 1/2 weeks old, bantams.

Direct link so photos can be enlarged https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/896004/easter-egger-bantams-think-three-are-roos

That blue looks like a girl at the moment, but if that comb pinks up then I would say boy. But the others you think are Cockerals look like it with that red coming on their wings.

6 week old EE. Supposed to be one of three pullets. Is there any chance that this is a she, with that coloring? He/she has one very clear row of peas and two barely distinguishable ones on either side.
Should I hold out any hope for a girl?

LAST CHANCE... He goes back in the morning if he's a male. Lots of red on wings & getting more each day. He is a tad larger than the other 2 I got with him, not to mention his comb is thicker and pinker than the other two. I'll tell u though....if it does end up being a pullet I'll be disappointed cause it has beautiful colors coming in!!! :(

LAST CHANCE... He goes back in the morning if he's a male. Lots of red on wings & getting more each day. He is a tad larger than the other 2 I got with him, not to mention his comb is thicker and pinker than the other two. I'll tell u though....if it does end up being a pullet I'll be disappointed cause it has beautiful colors coming in!!!
sad.png
I'm thinking cockerel based on coloring, and partially on comb development.

LAST CHANCE... He goes back in the morning if he's a male. Lots of red on wings & getting more each day. He is a tad larger than the other 2 I got with him, not to mention his comb is thicker and pinker than the other two. I'll tell u though....if it does end up being a pullet I'll be disappointed cause it has beautiful colors coming in!!!
sad.png

That is a cockerel. Sorry!

6 week old EE. Supposed to be one of three pullets. Is there any chance that this is a she, with that coloring? He/she has one very clear row of peas and two barely distinguishable ones on either side. Should I hold out any hope for a girl?
I have no idea, just wanted to say he/she is BEAUTIFUL!!! I hope one of mine turn out like that.

6 week old EE. Supposed to be one of three pullets. Is there any chance that this is a she, with that coloring? He/she has one very clear row of peas and two barely distinguishable ones on either side. Should I hold out any hope for a girl?
Looks just like a Pullet! See the even pattern? That's a female EE trait. Splotchy coloring males usually!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom