Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Here we are at 10+ weeks. Anyone care to predict gender?
Coronation Sussex. (Looks kind of pullet in some ways, but the comb/waddles are very red. Leaning toward male, but cannot confirm.

Here are my 2 EEs. I'm thinking both females. The one in front has been the tough one.

Here we are at 10+ weeks. Anyone care to predict gender? Coronation Sussex. (Looks kind of pullet in some ways, but the comb/waddles are very red. Leaning toward male, but cannot confirm. Here are my 2 EEs. I'm thinking both females. The one in front has been the tough one.
Second picture... I don't see any rooster colors, at over ten weeks I'd think it would be cropping up... So I'm going with female. Both female. I'm still learning, but this is a pretty safe bet I'd say. Combs look good too, they do not have three rows and are still pretty pale compared to many Roos on here.

Yes, D'uccle, sorry for the typo.

No problem,  just wanted to be sure that is what you meant.  I pronounced it "D ukle'" for the longest time.  Your spelling was lots better than my pronunciation.

How DO you pronounce it correctly?  It always makes me want to say "D uncle", but i know that's not right.  I've never had to actually SAY it before though.  I try not to say things I don't know how to pronounce.
It's pronounced dOOclay for some weird reason. It makes no sense linguistically from either English or French so I'm at a loss, but it is what it is. I often pronounce it wrong out of multilingual habit.

Quote: How DO you pronounce it correctly? It always makes me want to say "D uncle", but i know that's not right. I've never had to actually SAY it before though. I try not to say things I don't know how to pronounce.
It's pronounced dOOclay for some weird reason. It makes no sense linguistically from either English or French so I'm at a loss, but it is what it is. I often pronounce it wrong out of multilingual habit.
Just googled it and it's Dutch. So it's a dutch pronunciation. So it's like your saying "dew clay" right?

Yes, D'uccle, sorry for the typo.

No problem,  just wanted to be sure that is what you meant.  I pronounced it "D ukle'" for the longest time.  Your spelling was lots better than my pronunciation.

How DO you pronounce it correctly?  It always makes me want to say "D uncle", but i know that's not right.  I've never had to actually SAY it before though.  I try not to say things I don't know how to pronounce.

Just googled it and it's Dutch.  So it's a dutch pronunciation.   So it's like your saying "dew clay" right?
Well if it's Dutch then there's no sense at all in the pronunciation! I can accept that.

Here is my first egg... Woohoo

Back
Top Bottom