Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Could this new an EE? I've been told its legs are too blackish. It was my mystery chick from McMurray hatchery.

That was supposed to say be, not new, anyway here's another pic.
[/IMG]
The best part I f Easter eggers is that they come in every color. One of mine had dark grey legs, another has yellow and yet another has green, while one has slate. They're a mixed bag. There is no breed standard for EE. It's basically a nice way to say they're mutts!

I looked through the catalog & the only chicks hatching at that time that looked anything like mine was EE and dark Cornish unless I missed one. I don't think its a dark Cornish but I'm not familiar with either breed. At first I thought it was possibly just a black blrw, because the thats what I had orderd & the feather colors & patterns looked similar just darker. As it got older I could tell the comb & legs looked different though.I would love to have an EE hen so I'm hoping that's what I've got.

So, it's only been ten days, but here is my chick's update. Chick is the offspring of a BLRW roo (I think) over an EE hen. Over nine weeks old, will be ten on Monday. No beard/muffs or wattles, three row pea comb, yellow legs. The feathering continues to look female, even more so I think, and the comb is still questionable. Tried to get a close up of the comb, hopefully these pics aren't too blurry. Maybe we have one of the odd ball, three row pea comb pullets? Or a really late bloomer roo?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom