Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

HI there expert sexers... so my DH and I have a bet going as based on my lengthy reading on this forum I say this one is the cockerel in the bunch. Because of the red in the tips
He says he may start to agree with me but he didn't for a while. Any yay's or nay's out there ?

Thanks for looking!

leilanio, no doubt he's a cockerel.
smile.png

Quote:
Did you get sexed pullets? Vent sexing is more of an art than an exact science. It takes years of training to do it well. 1 oops out of 10 is expected, and EEs tend to have more misses than other breeds (according to the chicken guy at the feed store). Sad to have to give him up. Roosters are really a great addition to a flock. Except at 5am.
hide.gif

Did you get sexed pullets? Vent sexing is more of an art than an exact science. It takes years of training to do it well. 1 oops out of 10 is expected, and EEs tend to have more misses than other breeds (according to the chicken guy at the feed store). Sad to have to give him up. Roosters are really a great addition to a flock. Except at 5am.
hide.gif

Yes we did get sexed ones... and they did tell us there is a 90 percent chance there may be one in the bunch. And ding, ding, ding that is exactly what we got. I wish we could keep him but I know our neighbors won't be happy and neither will I (light sleeper) if I am continually woken up before the crack of dawn. If we lived on several acres, it would be another story but we are only on a 1/2 acre. :)

Hi BYC friends. Anyone have thoughts on this EE? Hoping pullet but her neck and stance can sometimes throw me off. She will be 9 weeks old this Wednesday. Barely visible comb but somewhat bigger than my RIR and BO the same age.

Hi BYC friends. Anyone have thoughts on this EE? Hoping pullet but her neck and stance can sometimes throw me off. She will be 9 weeks old this Wednesday. Barely visible comb but somewhat bigger than my RIR and BO the same age.

She looks like a pretty pullet to me.

Back
Top Bottom