Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

Any thoughts on some of my EE? I'm thinking we got all ladies.

Leaning on pullet for all of them. They seem like they're getting gold heads. All of my gold-heads are girls. Watch out for dark splotches on the breast. So long as they stay gold on the breast, they're girls. All of my boys have white breasts or lots of black splotches.

Any thoughts on some of my EE? I'm thinking we got all ladies.

They look 8 weeks or more, so I'd also say all pullets. Without seeing combs, can't be sure on the black one and blue/gold one in top pic if they are much younger than 8 weeks. The gold headed ones sure are big! That's how my girl was.
smile.png

Chicks $1 and #2. They're not even a week old. Both sexed as pullets. One is quickly growing twice the size of the other one (that darker one, #1). Mostly black and blue but has some dark red showing up on her face and the speckled into her wing feathers, which are mostly dark blue. #2 is still small and shy. She has more of the light orange on her face and tipping her wing feathers, which are mostly a pretty silvery blue. Not quite as concerned about sex right now (they're awfully tiny), but I'd really like to know what color they are :D

Chick #3 is a little more than 4wks old. Think it may be a silver partridge cockerel because of the silver-laced black on its chest and hackle. Feathers in hackle are very round however. Has incomplete barring on its wings. Don't know what color it is, but I think it's pretty :D For right now, it has green eyes.

Chick #3 is a little more than 4wks old. Think it may be a silver partridge cockerel because of the silver-laced black on its chest and hackle. Feathers in hackle are very round however. Has incomplete barring on its wings. Don't know what color it is, but I think it's pretty :D For right now, it has green eyes.
Your chick number three does seem to be a cockerel. The patches on his wings seem distinct. He does look like he is going to be very pretty. The other two are also very pretty with interesting markings. The orangy color on down can turn into a nice deep red or gold color when they feather out. I like the markings around both of their faces as well. Would Love to see updates as they feather in.

I can't offer an opinion on #2, whatever it is it sure is beautiful.

Thanks! This chick has interesting coloring so it will be fun to see how it turns out. I want an EE roo so I wont be heartbroken if it turns out that way. If someone has had a chick with this coloring I would love to see how it turned out.

#2 pictures got mixed
I'm going to start seperating the chicks soon. They are almost 7 weeks mom is still not ready to leave them. Even after laying for the last five days. She's great. I have my own ideas of the gender and yes most are cockerels. However I want anyone's opinion I'm going to keep 2 pullets. Here we go
all black big legs wide comb #1

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom